One Hour Dental Implants
If you think getting a dental implant takes months think again, you can now get replacement teeth in one day with one hour dental implants! Also known as same-day implants, these implants are quickly becoming the top choice for people who are missing teeth.
Traditional implants are quite costly and the entire process takes 6 to 8 months to accomplish plus the numerous surgeries, but with one hour dental implants, you do not have to wait 2 to 6 months to have your new teeth placed. On the same day of your implant surgery you can leave the dental office with a provisional crown fastened to your present implant which you can use to chew as you normally do. A month later, your permanent replacement tooth will be ready to be attached.
Click here to learn more about Affordable Dental Implants.
One hour dental implants can be used for:
- Single tooth replacement
- Multiple tooth replacement
- Replacing a same day extraction
- Securing your existing dentures
One Hour Dental Implants – Comparing the Procedures
The Traditional Implants Procedure
- The oral surgeon will administer an anesthetic
- The surgeon will then reveal the jaw bone and drill a 6 to 7 mm hole
- The 4 mm titanium post is inserted and the wound is closed.
- The typical healing time for the bone to grow around the post will be 2 to 6 months.
- For the subsequent oral surgery, the surgeon will expose the tip of the post and then attach the crown.
- Should bone grafting be needed, another surgery will be necessary before the placement of the titanium post in addition to the 4 to 8 months of healing.
The initial surgery can take about an hour, and the second visit can take another hour. It is very important not to put any stress on the area where the implant has been inserted, this is to ensure the jawbone heals properly with the implant in place.
The One Hour Dental Implants Procedure
- A local anesthetic is administered.
- The oral surgeon will drill a 2.25 mm hole in the gum and jaw bone
- The 4 mm titanium post is inserted. The implant is just like a titanium screw.
- When the post has been inserted, your dentist will put a temporary tooth on the post.
The process will usually take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete, and any pain experienced afterwards can be managed by over the counter pain medication, like Advil or Ibuprofen. The inserted titanium post will be protected by the temporary until your permanent prosthetic tooth is ready. You will be able to eat, chew and speak normally, but it is important that you take it easy on that tooth to allow it to heal properly. You should avoid consuming hard foods and raw fruits and vegetables like carrots, apples, celery, etc. to permit the bone to fuse to the implant. In a month’s time your permanent crown will now be securely attached to its place.
Missing teeth can affect your look, your self-esteem, and your confidence. But you don’t need to wait 6 months for a replacement tooth, you won’t really even need to go for a day missing that tooth. You can get one hour dental implants to keep your smile looking great!